I had so many great ideas for this blog. I started planning it in August, during the most terrible heatwave of history, and I wanted to consistently publish my posts during the season (the plan was to post once a week during Autumn and then once/twice a month in the following seasons). But the day after launching the blog, I received a freelance writing job offer and my Autumn plans fell through the cracks.
I’m incredibly grateful for this job and I love it, but it requires my writing skills, so the last thing I want to do during my free time is more writing. That’s why the blog has been quiet in the last few weeks.
I didn’t want to write this post at first because I was afraid of sounding ungrateful and depressed. The truth is that I am grateful, I’m just bummed that my plans got cancelled. Sincerity is something that often lacks in the online world and admitting your own failures can be uncomfortable, but if there is one thing that made me love the Spooky Little Halloween blog, is the authenticity and honesty of the author, Miranda. She doesn’t pretend to be someone else and her last Instagram Stories inspired me to write this post.
Needless to say that even my bucket list got neglected, but here is what I’ve managed to do:
- get two spooky T-shirts to wear in October: one with pumpkins and one with ghosts
- wear my bat necklace every day
- enjoy my minimal Halloween decorations in my bedroom (I wanted to do way more, but oh well)
- watch Hocus Pocus the night of my Birthday (which was yesterday, by the way!)
- get two decorative pumpkins
- spot some spooky decorations on sale at a local shop (Flying Tiger for my fellow Europeans)
- use Halloween stickers on my planner
- have a couple of delicious pumpkin meals (salted pumpkin cake + pumpkin soup)
- admire the changing leaves and take some photos
- go to a local pumpkin fair
- play in the corn maze and the haunted house of my favourite video game
Some of the things were on my bucket list, others weren’t, but they managed to let me cultivate some great memories of this Autumn.
It’s easy to just complain and say “it didn’t go as planned, my Fall season has been disappointing”, but looking closely, there is always something to be grateful for. Also, I’m going to attend a small Halloween party this Wednesday and I’m going to wear a simple DIY Maleficent costume, I’m so excited!
To be honest, I don’t know when I’m going to write here again, but I will keep this blog. Maybe, I’ll be able to do what I had planned next year, who knows!